Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer I led the project team in the deployment of Oracle Cloud Financials and PBCS (Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solution) across 20 legal entities and 10 UK operating businesses. Levering a rapid implementation and best practice project methodologies, the project was successfully delivered within 11 months.
The implementation coincided with the rollout of Oracle Cloud Payroll and Oracle Cloud Human Capital Management.
- Leadership of the cross-functional team (of 10)
- Project management (planning, delegation, monitoring and control) of project activities
- Design and implementation of resource, communication and finance plans
- Hands-on design of a new global chart of accounts and group enterprise structure to meet current and future reporting requirements
- Representation on the Steering Board and regular updates to key project stakeholders
WHAT WENT WELL
- Successful deployment of Oracle Cloud Financials within 11 months, becoming a worldwide case study for both Oracle and the SI partner
- Creation and deployment of a global enterprise structure
- Migration from 3 legacy finance systems to Oracle Cloud Financials
- Time is precious. Manage by exception
- Spend 80% of your time on communications, carrying hearts and minds on the journey to a defined target destination
- Do not be afraid to lock yourself in a room, turn off your phone and stop answering emails in order to ‘get some work done’
- At all times focus on the project benefits and always be ready to justify the project Business Case