When I don't work I cycle...a lot...
When I am not commuting to work by bike (often 36 miles a day), I undertake various cycling challenges, sometimes for charity, other times for just sheer pleasure...
The York Pedallers (on tour), Mallorca 2023
In March 2023 I went with a group of 11 keen cyclists to Mallorca where we took on some of the island's biggest climbs.
5 countries in 6 days, 835km
In October 2022 I cycled from Bratislava to Budapest, then through Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, reaching Vienna before finishing back in Bratislava.
Bratislava, Slovakia, by bike
My Eastern European cycle tour started and ended in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.
Vienna, Austria 🇦🇹, by bike
A whistle-stop tour of Vienna by bike, towards the end of my Eastern European bike tour in October 2022.
Powering my way through Hungary and Austria
This was the day I cycled through Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary and Austria all in the same day.
Koszeg, Hungary by bike
Koszeg is an historical town in the north of Hungary, and made a great place to rest for the night before my push onto Vienna the next day.
The ramblings of a long distance cyclist, en route from Croatia to Vienna, Austria
On board commentary from 'yours truly', 10 minutes of exclusive footage where I ramble on about...absolutely nothing.
I hate early starts!
Blurry eyed and still full of sleep, this is a typical start before a long day in the saddle. I was about to set off from Varazdin, Croatia, heading to a Hungarian town called Koszeg.
During my 6 day cycle tour in Eastern Europe I took an unplanned rest day to fix my bike and to tour Varazdin, a lovely Croatian town near the Slovenian border.
Unplanned rest day in Varazdin, Croatia.
With my bike needing some urgent repairs, I decided to take a rest day and tour the beautiful town of Varazdin, in Croatia.
Night riding through Hungary (Bohemian Rhapsody)
Don't underestimate the power of music to motivate, especially at the end of a 120 mile ride.
North York Moors to Peterborough - 218 miles
In 2018 I cycled from my home in North Yorkshire to Peterborough in a single day, a total of 218 miles.
Coast to Coast 2018 - 140 miles
In 2018 I cycled with a friend the 140 mile coast to coast route in a day, from Whitehaven to Sunderland.
Fuerteventura 2017 - 550 miles in 10 days
In 2017 I battled against the famous 25mph 'trade winds' and the volcanic mountains of Fuerteventura and cycled over 550 miles in 10 days.
Tour de Yorkshire 2017 - for Cancer Research UK
In 2017 I attempted the 3 day Tour de Yorkshire route with some colleagues from Transunion UK. Between us we raised over £5000 for Cancer Research UK.
My recent Strava activities
- ROUVY - Group Ride: Lake Isabella | California | USAOn December 9, 2023 10:00 am went 57.30 km during 01:46:25 hours climbing 516.00 meters burning 867 calories.
- ROUVY - Atlantic Road | NorwayOn December 8, 2023 6:08 pm went 18.58 km during 00:34:17 hours climbing 120.00 meters burning 291 calories.
- ROUVY - Lago di Garda | ItalyOn December 6, 2023 9:24 pm went 27.09 km during 00:53:09 hours climbing 95.00 meters burning 366 calories.
- ROUVY - Kingston to Glenora | Ontario | CanadaOn December 4, 2023 8:15 pm went 51.00 km during 01:36:49 hours climbing 217.00 meters burning 744 calories.
- ROUVY - Nesselwang to Fussen | GermanyOn December 1, 2023 5:29 pm went 15.30 km during 00:27:16 hours climbing 124.00 meters burning 241 calories.