SUMMARY ABOUT ME
I am an experienced finance transformation consultant based in the United Kingdom. I'm available for freelance work and projects. I specialise in Oracle Cloud applications, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the implementation of finance operating models.
Originally from the north of England, I was educated between the ages of 8 and 15 in West Sussex on the south coast of England, where I obtained the Top Boy award for the 1989 GCSE examinations at Manhood High School.
My family then moved to North Yorkshire where I studied for A'Levels at Easingwold High School, where I obtained 3 A'Levels, and was awarded the 6th Form Award for Economics for outstanding performance.
My journey northward continued where I graduated from Stirling University with a 1st Class Honours, Bachelor of Accountancy degree.
I went on to qualify as an accountant within the Assocaition of Chartered Certified Accoutants, and obtained further diplomas from ACCA, most notably a Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards.
In more recent years I have obtained qualifications in PRINCE2 project management and Oracle Cloud implemenation certifications
I started my career in finance after graduating from the University of Stirling, Scotland, where I was employed as the Financial Statement Accountant for Scotland by Enterprise Rent-a-Car. It was here that I cut my teeth preparing financial and management accounts, performing analytical reviews, and learning first hand all the skills on how to run a small finance department.
From these humble beginnings I went on to become the UK Financial Accountant for Polaroid plc, the Financial Systems Manage for SITA (Geneva), and held other senior roles such as Senior Strategic Finance Manager, EMEA Financial Controller, Group Controller and Finance Director for a variety of companies.
Much of my career has been in the IT and professional services sectors. I have managed small teams to departments of over 120 people, and have led strategic transformation projects including the creation of an offshore accounting centre of excellence and the implementation of a group-wide Oracle Cloud ERP solution.
I am a keen long distance cyclist and often take on cycle challenges both in the UK and abroad. I also run a 'Father and Son' karting team (www.enterpriseracing.co.uk) with my son, entering in various championships across the country.
I am married to a French national and have 2 children, all of whom take up much of my free time.
ranging from ERP implementations to Sarbanes Oxley compliance
years of experience
with in depth knowledge of finance processes and best practice
MY LATEST WORK
Over the years I have led, influenced and driven many projects to successful outcomes. The project case studies shown on this site are some of my favourite ones.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer I led the project team in the deployment of Oracle Cloud Financials and PBCS.
- As Commercial Finance Director of an SME I was responsible for creating and implementing a finance & IT function, implementing systems, recruiting and training staff. I took the company through to its successful sale in September 2014.
- As Financial Controller I was responsible for the leadership of an European Shared Service Centre in Prague, Czech Republic.
- As Senior Finance Manager, Strategic Projects, I was requested to work on first time IFRS adoption of a $US 1.4bn group consolidation.
- The EMEA Financial Controller role was responsible for the back office finance and regional cash management of Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- As Senior Finance Manager, Strategic Projects, I was requested to work on a major (US$ 250m) debt for equity transaction.
- Dusseldorf Airport decided to outsource its IT function to SITA. The deal consisted of 9 service lines (e.g. telecommunications, data centre, desktops, telephones, etc.). Revenue c.US$ 20m. p.a.
- As Manager, Financial Systems, I was responsible for the worldwide design and rollout of SunAccount 4.5.1, the company’s accounting system.
MY MISSION STATEMENT
I will offer, in a professional manner, thoughtful but decisive leadership in assisting ambitious and fast-paced companies transform their finance organisation to one that resembles world-class standards.
In delivering transformative solutions to businesses I will leverage strategic and risk-based approaches enabling management to identify risks, the probability of them occurring and the potential impact on their business if they did occur.
I will foster and develop best practices, develop strong internal controls and process discipline, and will promote on-going process improvement within teams I manage and throughout the business at large.
I will lead and develop a team of appropriately skilled and motivated people with a strong customer focus, encouraging continuous personal development and objective orientated collaboration.