As Manager, Financial Systems, I was responsible for the worldwide design and rollout of SunAccount 4.5.1, the company’s accounting system.
- End to end project management.
- Ownership and management of the project budget (US$ 1.2m).
- Production and maintenance of the project plan.
- Ownership of project resources.
- Regular reporting to the steering committee and senior management.
WHAT WENT WELL
- The project delivered on time and within budget.
- Enhanced control environment through improved security and system controls.
- High-calibre individuals recruited and highly motivated team achieved a great deal in a very short time.
- Certain countries (e.g. Kenya) have infrastructure limitations that restrict the choice of IT solutions on offer.
- Management reporting and month-end close process can be vastly improved through the leverage of IT, system improvements and proper controls.